Now Playing Tracks


HAPPY CANADA DAY! For Canada Day, read this short Superhero Girl comic I made last year for the True Patriot anthology! It was based on a true experience I had when someone asked me “what makes Superhero Girl a Canadian superhero?” and I was like uhhhhh?

The League of Villainous Canadian Stereotypes was my boyfriend Tim’s idea. He is a great idea man! 

Enjoy my Canadian comic and have a great Canada Day! I am celebrating by working a lot. ;)

I lost it at Farley Mowat oh my gosh!

At least I’m still digging…

Well we’ve plum run out of archaeology to do for the summer so I’ve found myself without a day job. “Why haven’t you been blogging” you may ask. Well now that I’m home I get to be the caretaker of my mothers 176538394846+ gardens on the property. Also I may be a bit of a lazy butt when it comes to this thing. Luckily I still have my job at the drive-in so I can at least afford my student loans payments… So I’ve got that going for me. Expect some fun cosplay updates in the future as soon as I get my materials. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :D

Update on Majora’s mask! I’ve finally bought and mixed the correct paint colours and I’m currently attempting a final paint job. I’m not a very experienced painter (in regards to art, walls I can do, but art…) luckily my mom and little sister can art well so they’ve been helping me with blending colours on the eyes and horns. I’m on a roll today and I may post a completed mask picture this evening :D

Here’s an update on my Majora’s Mask project. Over several days I have painted on about 4 thin coats of Gesso and sanded each layer smooth. Once I was happy with the basic shape I drew on the design. The next step was to cut out the corners if the eyes so the wearer can see(ish) as well as drill some air holes. I used air dry clay to mould the raised designs (this cracked everywhere so I covered it in a layer of glue and a layer of gesso). I’m now working on the base coat of paint which is why the colours are way off and it currently looks like crap.


Coastal Erosion Threatens Alaska’s Archaeology

Erosion caused by rising sea levels, frequent storms, flooding, and thawing permafrost has damaged archaeological sites in the Western Arctic National Parklands, including The Bering Land Bridge National Preserve and the Cape Krusenstern National Monument. “These sites are important because they tell the story of people who lived and adapted from up to 5,500 years ago to the present and continue to add to the record,” Michael Holt, chief of cultural resources for the Western Arctic National Parklands, told The Arctic Sounder. The sites at greatest risk of disappearing are being excavated in partnership with Portland State University. Food remains, sled runners, and tools, have been recovered. The joint project endeavors to record the sites before they disappear. 

To Tumblr, Love Pixel Union